You Want to Promote Your Business... Just Not ALL the Time
Most small businesses start, well... small. The personal vehicle is also the business vehicle. The entrepreneur wears many hats. He or she is keenly interested in promoting his or her business, but doing so on personal time can seem a bit inappropriate or awkward. Magnetic signs can be perfect for individuals who need to use the same vehicles for both business and personal use and want to remove their signs when away from business.
Magnetic vehicle signs can be a good flexible signage solution for many small business owners. But make sure you understand all the limitations and risks of magnetic signs, as well as the super important care and maintenance requirements. Below are the 5 steps to care and maintain your magnetic vehicle signs:
1. ALWAYS Keep the Surfaces Between You Magnet and Vehicle Clean and DryWhen condensation or any moisture builds up between the magnet and your vehicle it can create a powerful bond. When this occurs, the magnet becomes almost impossible to remove in one piece. In addition, any dirt or particulates between the magnet and the vehicle become highly abrasive. Repositioning the magnet by pulling or sliding can scratch or damage paint. We recommend cleaning at least once a week.
2. Make Sure the Magnet Lies Perfectly Flat on the VehicleVehicle contours and trim can prevent a magnet from lying perfect flat against the surface of the vehicle. When installing, make sure magnet is perfectly flush with the vehicle. If they don't lie flat, wind can catch under the magnet flipping it off the vehicle creating a dangerous road hazard and liability.
3. Use Care When Removing Magnetic Signs From Vehicle(s)Lift a corner and peel magnet carefully from the vehicle surface. Extreme temperature can change the qualities of the magnet making it either brittle or highly pliable. Use care as these conditions make it easy to tear or break the magnet. Sliding or repositioning the magnet on an unclean surface may cause scratches or abrasion if there is dirt or particulates under the magnet.
4. Store Unused Magnets in a Clean, Flat PlaceAvoid extreme temperatures. If magnets need to be rolled for longer term storage, roll around a cardboard tube. Before use, unroll and store flat at room temperature until magnets return to a flat shape.
5. Remove Magnetic Signs Before Driving at High SpeedsMagnetic vehicle signs have been known to fly off vehicles traveling at high speeds. If the magnet is not securely attached to the vehicle at all edges, wind can catch under the magnet, essentially turning it into a sail. This creates a risk of serious liability and hazard on the road.
6. Remove Magnetic Signs Before Automatic Car WashCar wash brushes can damage the magnet or slide it against the vehicle surface causing abrasion or scratching of paint.
Learn MoreCreating some form of effective identity and marketing communication on your vehicle will be one of the best marketing investments you can make to build your business. Magnetic signs are an important option for many businesses for a variety of reasons. If you choose to use magnetic signs on your vehicle we hope you will follow the above steps to protect your vehicle and the safety of others on the road. Be sure to review the risks and limitations of magnetic vehicle signs to determine whether they are right for your business.
Quality Only Begins with the Right Materials
Vehicle wrap companies have learned that many buyers think using the right materials is the only important criteria to evaluate a quality wrap. And it certainly is an important criteria. But how the material is printed, handled and installed are equally important. Learn more getting a high quality wrap.
Get the straight facts on vehicle wrapping, contact Riveting Wraps at (425) 368-5007 or email us at email@example.com.