Installing a business wrap or graphics on a commercial vehicle can take anywhere from 1-5 days. The exact length of time required to wrap your car, truck or van will vary depending on the vehicle size, the complexity of the vehicle/design, and how much of the vehicle is wrapped.
Time is Money
Time is money, a phrase first used by Benjamin Franklin in 1748. Whether you have a fleet of 1 or 1000, when it comes to wrapping your fleet vehicles, time is definitely money. We understand that each day your vehicle is out of service is a missed opportunity to service your customers. Understanding the time and schedule required to wrap or add graphics to your business vehicle can help you manage your service/sales teams and bottom line.
Typical Installation ScheduleThe majority of business vehicle wraps and graphics take anywhere from 1-4 days. Below is a quick rundown of a typical schedule. Also surprising to most people, the outdoor temperature will affect amount of time required for a high quality, long lasting wrap.
Full Vehicle Wrap Plan 3-4 days
- First, the vehicle must be completely dry for a wrap. In rainy or snowy climates, the vehicle is brought into a dry temperature controlled garage the night before to ensure the vehicle is completely dry.
- Second, the vehicle surface must be warmed or cooled to 50+ degrees for proper graphics adhesion. In cold or hot climates, bringing the vehicle inside the night before gets the vehicle surface to the proper temperature. (Learn more about why temperature matters for a long lasting wrap)
- Vehicle is cleaned twice following 3M and Avery recommended procedures
- Installer checks graphics, compares to design proof and confirms position on vehicle.
- The wrap or graphics are applied to the vehicle, each area applied by hand with small specialty tools
- Once wrapped, the installer does a 360 degree review of the vehicle ensuring everything is in position and all vinyl is properly adhered to the vehicle
"Placed" Logo and Text Graphics 1-2 DaysFor "placed" or laser cut graphics the schedule can be shorted to 1-2 days.
Invest Wisely - Time Now Equals Money Later
We understand that it is difficult to take vehicles out of service. You depend on your fleet or service vehicles to run your business. While it may be tempting to choose a company that offers shorter install times, proceed with caution. Each step in the process is designed to ensure the best long term performance of your wraps or graphics. And, these steps are all required to protect the manufacturer's warranty on the vinyl performance. Skipped steps means voided warranties. Short-cutting that process jeopardizes quality and will cost you money, time and frustration in the long run.
- Lifting or failing graphics require that you remove your vehicle from service to fix
- You have enough to do to keep your fleet scheduled and operating. Don't let your graphics be an ongoing maintenance chore.
- Lifting or failing wraps and graphics reflect poorly on your brand and business. If you are putting a wrap on your vehicle to attract new customers, you need your graphics to look great. See 4 Ways to Avoid Damaging Your Brand to learn more.
Vehicle Wraps are Money
For every product or service you buy there are always excellent, good and cheap options. Whether you are making decisions about materials, products, services, personal, or advertising - it comes back to the customer experience you are want to create and managing an smooth efficient operation that you can count on. We want our readers to be fully informed so they can make the best decision for their particular situation.
For more help making choices about wrapping your vehicles check out What to Ask Before You Wrap . We are here to help you grow your business, so give us a call at 425-368-5007 or email us at email@example.com. We look forward to working with you!
The professional vehicle graphics team at Riveting Wraps is committed to delivering quality products and services to meet our clients' needs and goals. Learn more about the Riveting Wraps Difference. Give us a call today at (425) 368-5007 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.